Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Little Christmas Whimsy

Looking for a funky, fresh Christmas kit? Then look no further than A Little Christmas Whimsy by B2N2 Scraps. This kit has your typical reds & greens but throws in some pinks & browns as well as some cute elements. Great for any Christmas related photos, you can pick it up at Stuff to Scrap or Brownie Scraps!



Do you like the tin cans? I made them for my kids' teachers & went a little crazy, I not only made tags but also labels for the treats I put inside. I've also turned my tin can covers into a little printable if you need to make some last minute gifts!

There are two sizes, one is for 10 oz cans (i.e. a Campbell's soup pop-top size) & the other is a 20 oz size (i.e. a Dole Crushed Pineapple pop-top size). For instructions on how to make these cuties, go to the linked post on my favorite cooking blog, Our Best Bites. click on the preview to head to 4shared & enjoy! Sorry, this freebie has expired!


A couple of quick tips!

(1) Using a safety can opener is really the way to go, it makes getting the lids back on so much easier. Plus it's a lot harder to cut your knuckles to shreds unless you really work at it.

(2) You can't open the Campbell's soup cans on the bottom, you have to remove the top but that's OK becuase if you use the safety can opener it will cut off the whole top including the pop-top part & when you glue it back on the pop-top will still work [yes, I verified this!].

(3) I found it very useful to use a rubber mallet to get the lids back on after you put the glue on them but (a) watch where you bang [my pointer finger now has a nice bruise, LOL] & (b) don't pound too hard or you'll bend the can [yes I did that on one when I got a little too enthusiastic]!

Don't forget that you can pick up a little add-on to this kit if you do the Featured Designer layout challenge over at the Stuff to Scrap forum!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Dec. 21, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete