Sunday, February 9, 2014

Make Your Own Valentine Cards by Karen Diamond Designs

With Valentine's Day coming up, I had a chance to work with the fun kit, Make Your Own Valentine Cards, by Karen Diamond Designs. There is so much goodness in this kit that I used it to make all the wrappers I needed for Valentine's treats!

** Please note this set is no longer available for sale **


My first project was to make some milk cartons with the kit, I needed them to make a countdown to Valentine's Day for my boys. Here are the cartons before I hung them, I used my Milk Carton template for this. The bigger one is filled with treats for one of my little cousins while I re-sized the template down to make the right size for the countdown. I love that Karen had plenty of boy elements in the kit, that is something that's hard to find in a Valentine's kit.


Here's my finished countdown, I have the current Silhouette Advent Calender. At first I really wanted the box one from a few years ago but this frame is much more versatile, I can use it for every holiday & special event!


Even though the milk cartons look small, I was able to tuck two Hershey's Kisses & two quarters in each one with room to spare.


The second project was to make candy wrappers for candy we're giving out to friends & family; for this I used the Will You Be Mine ~ Candy Wrappers. I went a little overboard but it was so much fun, I just couldn't resist.


My last project isen't done yet, I made pillow boxes to tuck treats into for Ian & Jake's classmates. Since I have to make 40 of the boxes, I've been doing just a few at a time so I don't go crazy, once I have them done I'll do another post because they are super cute.

Here are the two template sets I used for these fun treats.

** Please note this set is no longer available for sale **

No comments:

Post a Comment