Wednesday, March 5, 2014

She Sparkles {Hybrid} by Wendy Tunison Designs

I recently got to work the newest kit from Wendy Tunison Designs, She Sparkles. It's part of the March Buffet at Ginger Scraps & can be used for so many different types of layouts!

Wt_SSpark_alpha copy Wt_SSpark_cs copyWt_SSpark_clusters copyWt_SSpark_e1 copyWt_SSpark_e2 copyWt_SSpark_lingo copyWt_SSpark_pp1 copyWt_SSpark_pp2 copyWt_SSpark_qp copy

Here's the cute hybrid I did with She Sparkles, I had a purse template from Wendy Bird Designs & since She Sparkles is more of a girly type kit, I thought it would work perfectly. It has some Hershey's Kisses tucked inside ready to give to my little cousin, she'll love it!


While I don't have a freebie with this hybrid, I do have a little tip for everyone when it comes to using adhesives in your hybrid projects. When I first started doing hybrids, I was a little overwhelmed with the different types of adhesives one could use. I tried several different varieties but finally settled on using a dot glue runner such as the Elmer's Glue. It was easy to find & use but I still wasn't happy with it. When I used the glue on cards, it worked great but for projects like the purse above, I often found that the glue was not strong enough & my project would come apart. So frustrating!

Then I was watching some paper crafting tutorials on YouTube & one product I noticed the crafters using was Scor-Tape made by Scor-Pal. I couldn't find it in any brick & mortar stores but ran across it on Amazon & decided to give it a try.

I.Love.It! This is some seriously strong tape & holds hybrid projects together like nobody's business. I have to be careful that I've got my tape in the right place & am ready to use it because once it's on, you can't get it off without tearing the paper. Another really nice feature is that you can tear it by hand so no need for scissors unless you want a clean cut. It comes in 4 different widths & while it's a touch more expensive than the dot glue runners, I find the strength it gives to my projects worth the cost.

You can order it through Scor-Pal for a little cheaper than Amazon but I have a Prime membership & I like getting my supplies fast. If there is a scrapbooking store near you, they might carry it but the one near me closed so I have to go online. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are mine. I was not compensated in any way by Scor-Pal for promoting their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment